H.R.6755 - Judiciary ROOM Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Issa, Darrell E. [R-CA-49] (Introduced 09/10/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Judiciary; Transportation|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/13/2018 Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.6755 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/10/2018)
Judiciary Reforms, Organization and Operational Modernization Act of 2018 or the Judiciary ROOM Act of 2018
This bill makes various changes to the operation and organization of federal courts.
Among other things, the bill does the following:
- adds 52 new permanent district court judgeships,
- converts 8 temporary district court judgeships into permanent judgeships,
- restructures certain judicial districts,
- requires the Judicial Conference of the United States to issue a judicial code of conduct for judges and justices of U.S. courts (including Justices of the Supreme Court), and
- requires certain proceedings to be live streamed.