H.Con.Res.71 - Establishing the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2018 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2019 through 2027.115th Congress (2017-2018) |
Concurrent ResolutionHide Overview icon-hide
|Sponsor:||Rep. Black, Diane [R-TN-6] (Introduced 07/21/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Budget|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 115-240|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 10/19/2017 Resolution agreed to in Senate with an amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 51 - 49. Record Vote Number: 245. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There have been 27 roll call votes|
This bill has the status Agreed to in Senate
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Agreed to in House
- Agreed to in Senate
Summary: H.Con.Res.71 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/21/2017)
Establishes the congressional budget for the federal government for FY2018 and sets forth budgetary levels for FY2019-FY2027.
Recommends levels and amounts for FY2018-FY2027 for:
- federal revenues,
- new budget authority,
- budget outlays,
- deficits (on-budget),
- debt subject to limit,
- debt held by the public, and
- the major functional categories of spending.
Includes reconciliation instructions directing 11 specified House authorizing committees to submit deficit reduction legislation to the House Budget Committee by October 6, 2017.
Sets forth budget enforcement procedures addressing:
- long-term direct spending;
- allocations for Overseas Contingency Operations/ Global War on Terrorism;
- changes in mandatory programs;
- estimates of debt service costs, credit programs, macroeconomic effects, and energy saving performance contracts;
- adjustments to spending levels;
- advance appropriations;
- transfers from the general fund of the Treasury to the Highway Trust Fund;
- Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) guarantee fees; and
- Federal Reserve System surpluses.
Establishes reserve funds for legislation relating to:
- the commercialization of air traffic control,
- investments in national infrastructure,
- comprehensive tax reform, or
- the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Sets forth policy statements on several fiscal and domestic policy issues.