H.Con.Res.96 - Supporting the goals and ideals of World AIDS Day.115th Congress (2017-2018)
Concurrent ResolutionHide Overview
|Sponsor:||Rep. Lee, Barbara [D-CA-13] (Introduced 12/04/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Energy and Commerce; Foreign Affairs|
|Latest Action:||House - 12/08/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Health. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.Con.Res.96 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (12/04/2017)
Supports the goals and ideals of World AIDS Day and recognizes its 29th anniversary.
Commends the President and state and local governments for recognizing such day and encouraging individuals to undergo testing for HIV.
- the goal of ending HIV/AIDS;
- continued funding for prevention, care, treatment services, and research programs for persons living with HIV/AIDS in the United States;
- the implementation of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy for the United States: Updated to 2020 (NHAS) and achieving the goals within the NHAS Federal Action Plan;
- continued funding for the President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria;
- the goal of improving access to comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support programs;
- the goal of protecting human rights for all people; and
- efforts to address the factors that make populations vulnerable to HIV/AIDS by combatting poverty and hunger, expanding educational opportunities for children, and empowering women and girls.