H.J.Res.143 - Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2019, and for other purposes.115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Frelinghuysen, Rodney P. [R-NJ-11] (Introduced 12/03/2018)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||12/07/2018 Became Public Law No: 115-298. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Became Law
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.J.Res.143 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Public Law No: 115-298 (12/07/2018)
This joint resolution amends the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019 to provide continuing FY2019 appropriations to several federal agencies through December 21, 2018 (December 7, 2018, under current law).
The resolution is known as a continuing resolution (CR) and prevents a partial government shutdown that would otherwise occur when the existing CR expires if any of the 7 remaining FY2019 appropriations bills have not been enacted.
(Five of the FY2019 appropriations bills were enacted earlier this year, including:
- the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2019; and
- the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019.)
The resolution extends the National Flood Insurance Program through December 21, 2018. It also has the effect of extending through December 21, 2018, several additional authorities and programs that were extended in the existing CR, including the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 and the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant.