H.Res.493 - Recognizing the dangers of distracted driving.115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Krishnamoorthi, Raja [D-IL-8] (Introduced 07/28/2017)|
|Committees:||House - Transportation and Infrastructure|
|Latest Action:||House - 07/31/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.Res.493 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/28/2017)
Recognizes the dangers of distracted driving.
Expresses support for:
- efforts to educate the public about such dangers;
- AT&T's "It Can Wait" campaign to raise awareness of such dangers;
- industry-led engineering solutions to reduce fatal crash risks as a result of distracted driving;
- stronger enforcement of distracted driving laws; and
- the Road to Zero coalition and its efforts to encourage a holistic, safe system approach to improving roadway safety.