S.1045 - Save Women's Preventive Care Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Murray, Patty [D-WA] (Introduced 05/04/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 05/04/2017 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.1045 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (05/04/2017)
Save Women's Preventive Care Act
This bill amends the Public Health Service Act to expand preventive care and screening coverage for women under a group health plan.
Under current law, a group health plan must provide preventive care and screening coverage for women as prescribed for in the comprehensive guidelines by the Health Resources and Services Administration. The bill repeals that condition, and instead, specifies the following preventive care and screenings must be covered under a group health plan:
- comprehensive lactation support services;
- screening for adolescents and women for interpersonal and domestic violence;
- screening for gestational diabetes mellitus;
- screening for cervical cancer;
- directed behavioral counseling for sexually transmitted infections;
- prevention education, risk assessment, and screening for HIV;
- contraceptive care;
- screening for breast cancer; and
- well-woman preventive care visits.
The bill authorizes states to require group health plans to provide more generous coverage.