S.1522 - Every Kid Outdoors Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Heinrich, Martin [D-NM] (Introduced 07/10/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 07/19/2017 Committee on Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Parks. Hearings held. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.1522 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (07/10/2017)
Every Kid Outdoors Act
This bill directs the Departments of the Interior, Agriculture, Commerce, and the Army to establish the Every Kids Outdoors program to provide fourth graders free access to federal lands and waters to which the public has access.
Such Departments shall issue such students annual passes, upon request, which shall allow free access to:
- a per-vehicle fee area for the student and any passengers accompanying the student in a private, noncommercial vehicle or for up to three adults accompanying the student on bicycles; or
- a per-person fee area for the student and up to three adults accompanying the student.
In carrying out such program, such departments:
- may collaborate with state park systems that opt to implement a complementary Every Kid Outdoors State park pass,
- shall maintain a publicly available website that provides information about the program,
- may provide visitor services, and
- may support approved partners of the federal lands and waters by furnishing them with opportunities for participation in the program.