S.1756 - Rebuild America Now Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Sullivan, Dan [R-AK] (Introduced 08/03/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Environment and Public Works|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 05/15/2018 Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Hearings held. Hearings printed: S.Hrg. 115-322. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.1756 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (08/03/2017)
Rebuild America Now Act
This bill amends the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 to expedite the environmental review and permitting process for projects undertaken or funded by the federal government that could have significant environmental consequences.
The bill states as policy that when implementing a permitting law, including specified environmental laws, agencies should seek to issue permit decisions favorably to the maximum extent practicable.
The bill includes provisions regarding:
- lawsuits involving challenges to agency actions concerning energy production,
- approval of gas pipeline projects,
- rights-of-way through national parks,
- assistance to areas where air pollution levels have not met national ambient air quality standards, and
- state authority to review certain transportation projects and agreements.