S.2077 - Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2017115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Cassidy, Bill [R-LA] (Introduced 11/06/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 11/06/2017 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.2077 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (11/06/2017)
Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2017
This bill directs the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to: (1) examine actions DHS is undertaking to combat the threat of vehicular terrorism, and (2) report to Congress.
The report shall outline examinations of:
- the current threat level for vehicular terrorism,
- actions DHS is undertaking to guard against vehicular terrorism,
- how the threat of vehicular terrorism may be mitigated,
- the extent to which DHS is doing outreach or training with private sector partners in response to such threat, and
- actions Congress can take to help DHS mitigate the threat.