All Information (Except Text) for S.2323 - A bill making continuing appropriations for veterans benefits and services in the event of a Government shutdown, and for other purposes.115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Heller, Dean [R-NV] (Introduced 01/18/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 01/18/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
There is 1 version of this bill. View text
Click the check-box to add or remove the section, click the text link to scroll to that section.
Titles Actions Overview All Actions Cosponsors Committees Related Bills Subjects Latest Summary All Summaries
Actions Overview (1)
|01/18/2018||Introduced in Senate|
01/18/2018 Introduced in Senate
All Actions (1)
|01/18/2018||Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations.|
Action By: Senate
01/18/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations.
|Committee / Subcommittee||Date||Activity||Reports|
|Senate Appropriations||01/18/2018||Referred to|
Subject — Policy Area:
One Policy Area term, which best describes an entire measure, is assigned to every public bill or resolution.
Latest Summary (1)
Introduced in Senate (01/18/2018)
This bill appropriates for any period during which interim or full-year appropriations for FY2018 are not in effect such sums as are necessary to administer and provide benefits and services to veterans, dependents, and survivors under specified veterans' benefits laws, including those concerning:
- compensation for service-connected disability or death,
- dependency and indemnity compensation for service-connected deaths,
- pension for non-service-connected disability or death or for service,
- benefits for children of certain veterans,
- specially adapted housing for disabled veterans,
- burial benefits,
- certain educational assistance programs,
- training and rehabilitation for veterans with service-connected disabilities, and
- automobiles and adaptive equipment for certain disabled veterans and members of the Armed Forces.
Such funds shall be available until the earliest of: (1) enactment of an appropriation for any such purpose, (2) enactment of the applicable regular or continuing appropriations resolution or other bill without any appropriation for such purpose, or (3) January 1, 2019.