All Information (Except Text) for S.2328 - Pay Our Military Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Durbin, Richard J. [D-IL] (Introduced 01/19/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 01/19/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
There is 1 version of this bill. View text
Click the check-box to add or remove the section, click the text link to scroll to that section.
Titles Actions Overview All Actions Cosponsors Committees Related Bills Subjects Latest Summary All Summaries
Actions Overview (1)
|01/19/2018||Introduced in Senate|
01/19/2018 Introduced in Senate
All Actions (1)
|01/19/2018||Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations.|
Action By: Senate
01/19/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations.
|Committee / Subcommittee||Date||Activity||Reports|
|Senate Appropriations||01/19/2018||Referred to|
Subject — Policy Area:
One Policy Area term, which best describes an entire measure, is assigned to every public bill or resolution.
- Coast guard
- Defense spending
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Executive agency funding and structure
- Government employee pay, benefits, personnel management
- Military personnel and dependents
- Military procurement, research, weapons development
- National Guard and reserves
- Public contracts and procurement
Latest Summary (1)
Introduced in Senate (01/19/2018)
Pay Our Military Act of 2018
This bill provides FY2018 appropriations for military pay and death benefits during any period in which interim or full-year appropriations for FY2018 are not in effect.
In the event of a government shutdown, the bill provides continuing appropriations for:
- pay and allowances to members of the Armed Forces, including reserve components, who perform active service (including drill) during the period;
- payments of death benefits for individuals who die during the period; and
- pay and allowances to civilian personnel or contractors of the Department of Defense (and the Department of Homeland Security in the case of the Coast Guard) who are providing support to members of the Armed Forces and payments in connection with death benefits.
The appropriations provided by this bill are available until the earlier of: (1) the enactment into law of specified appropriations legislation, or (2) September 30, 2018.