S.2852 - Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Burr, Richard [R-NC] (Introduced 05/15/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 06/18/2018 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 467. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.2852 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (05/15/2018)
Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2018
This bill reauthorizes through FY2023 various programs relating to pandemic and all-hazards preparedness, including:
- the Hospital Preparedness Program,
- biosurveillance programs,
- the emergency system for advanced registration of volunteer health professionals,
- the National Advisory Committee on Children and Disasters,
- the Strategic National Stockpile,
- the National Disaster Medical System,
- the Medical Reserve Corps, and
- the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority and the BioShield Special Reserve Fund.
The bill requires the National Health Security Strategy developed by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to describe potential emergency health security threats and identify the process for achieving the preparedness goals.
The bill also requires HHS to develop guidelines to inform regional systems of hospitals and health care facilities of capabilities to treat patients affected by chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear threats.
The bill reauthorizes through FY2023 funding for medical facilities of the Veterans Administration and for influenza vaccine tracking and distribution.