S.3346 - ACCESS BROADBAND Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Cortez Masto, Catherine [D-NV] (Introduced 08/01/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Commerce, Science, and Transportation|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 08/01/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.3346 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (08/01/2018)
Advancing Critical Connectivity Expands Service, Small Business Resources, Opportunities, Access, and Data Based on Assessed Need and Demand Act or the ACCESS BROADBAND Act
This bill requires the Department of Commerce to establish the Office of Internet Connectivity and Growth within the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
The office shall:
- connect with communities that need access to high-speed internet and improved digital inclusion efforts;
- hold regional workshops to share best practices and effective strategies for promoting broadband access and adoption;
- develop targeted broadband training and presentations for various demographic communities through media;
- develop and distribute publications providing guidance to communities for expanding broadband access and adoption; and
- track construction and use of, and access to, any broadband infrastructure built using federal support.