S.3591 - Never Forget the Heroes: Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [D-NY] (Introduced 10/11/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 10/11/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.3591 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (10/11/2018)
Never Forget the Heroes: Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act
This bill funds through FY2090 the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund of 2001.
Additionally, the bill modifies the Victim Compensation Fund (VCF):
- to allow claims to be filed until October 2089,
- to require VCF policies and procedures to be reassessed at least once every five years (currently, at least once annually),
- to require claimants to be paid for the amount by which a claim was reduced on the basis of insufficient funding,
- to remove the cap on noneconomic damages in special circumstances, and
- to adjust the annual limit on economic loss compensation for inflation.