S.3803 - Emery County Public Land Management Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Hatch, Orrin G. [R-UT] (Introduced 12/20/2018)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 12/20/2018 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.3803 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (12/20/2018)
Emery County Public Land Management Act of 2018
This bill establishes the San Rafael Swell Recreation Area in Utah. The Department of the Interior shall study nonmotorized recreation opportunities, including bicycle trails, within the recreation area.
The bill: (1) designates specified federal lands in Utah managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), including the San Rafael Reef, as components of the National Wilderness Preservation System; (2) designates a 63-mile segment of Green River as a component of the national wild and scenic rivers system; (3) allows the grazing of livestock, if already established, to continue in the newly established recreation area and wilderness areas; and (4) allows for commercial services necessary to fulfill recreational purposes.
Interior shall establish a trail plan that addresses hiking and equestrian trails in the wilderness areas.
In addition, with respect to other land in Utah, the bill provides for
- the management of the Goblin Valley State Park Expansion as a state park;
- the establishment of the Jurassic National Monument;
- the sale of public lands in Emery County which have been identified as suitable for disposal;
- public purpose conveyances of Emery City Recreation Area, the Huntington Airport, Emery County Sheriff's Office substation, and the Buckhorn Information Center; and
- the exchange of BLM and School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration lands in Utah.