S.513 - Frank and Jeanne Moore Wild Steelhead Special Management Area Designation Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Wyden, Ron [D-OR] (Introduced 03/02/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Committee Reports:||S. Rept. 115-66|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 05/16/2017 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 84. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.513 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to Senate without amendment (05/16/2017)
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.)
Frank and Jeanne Moore Wild Steelhead Special Management Area Designation Act
(Sec. 4) This bill designates approximately 99,653 acres of Forest Service land in Oregon as the "Frank and Jeanne Moore Wild Steelhead Special Management Area."
The special management area shall be administered by the Forest Service to:
- conserve and enhance the natural character, scientific use, and the botanical, recreational, ecological, fish and wildlife, scenic, drinking water, and cultural values of the special management area;
- maintain and seek to enhance the wild salmonid habitat of the special management area;
- maintain or enhance the watershed as a thermal refuge for wild salmonids; and
- preserve opportunities for recreation, including primitive recreation.
The bill withdraws the federal land within the boundaries of the special management area's river segments from:
- entry, appropriation, or disposal under the public land laws;
- location, entry, and patent under the mining laws; and
- disposition under all laws relating to mineral and geothermal leasing or mineral materials.