All Information (Except Text) for S.532 - Stop Arming Terrorists Act115th Congress (2017-2018)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Paul, Rand [R-KY] (Introduced 03/06/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Foreign Relations|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 03/06/2017 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
There is 1 version of this bill. View text
Click the check-box to add or remove the section, click the text link to scroll to that section.
Titles Actions Overview All Actions Cosponsors Committees Related Bills Subjects Latest Summary All Summaries
Short Titles - Senate
Short Titles as Introduced
Stop Arming Terrorists Act
Official Titles - Senate
Official Titles as Introduced
A bill to prohibit the use of United States Government funds to provide assistance to Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and to countries supporting those organizations, and for other purposes.
Actions Overview (1)
|03/06/2017||Introduced in Senate|
03/06/2017 Introduced in Senate
All Actions (1)
|03/06/2017||Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.|
Action By: Senate
03/06/2017 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
|Committee / Subcommittee||Date||Activity||Reports|
|Senate Foreign Relations||03/06/2017||Referred to|
Subject — Policy Area:
One Policy Area term, which best describes an entire measure, is assigned to every public bill or resolution.
Latest Summary (1)
Introduced in Senate (03/06/2017)
Stop Arming Terrorists Act
This bill prohibits the use of federal agency funds to provide covered assistance to: (1) Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), or any individual or group that is affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or adherents to such groups; or (2) the government of any country that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) determines has, within the most recent 12 months, provided covered assistance to such a group or individual.
"Covered assistance" is defined as:
- defense articles, defense services, training or logistical support, or any other military assistance provided by grant, loan, credit, transfer, or cash sales;
- intelligence sharing; or
- cash assistance.
The ODNI shall:
- make, within 90 days after this bill's enactment, initial determinations about such countries and about whether an individual or group is, or has been within the most recent 12 months, affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or an adherent to Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, or ISIL;
- review and make subsequent determinations regarding such countries, groups, or individuals every 6 months in consultation with specified congressional committees;
- brief such committees on each determination; and
- brief such committees on any other country, individual, or group that the ODNI considered but did not make a determination that the the country provided covered assistance to, or that the group or individual is affiliated with, associated with, cooperating with, or an adherent to, Al Qaeda, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, or ISIL.