S.837 - Southern Utah Open OHV Areas Act115th Congress (2017-2018) |
|Sponsor:||Sen. Hatch, Orrin G. [R-UT] (Introduced 04/05/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 07/26/2017 Committee on Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining. Hearings held. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed Senate
- Passed House
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: S.837 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (04/05/2017)
Southern Utah Open OHV Areas Act
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to convey specified land owned and managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in Washington County, Utah, to the state of Utah in exchange for specified state lands.
Upon the conveyance of the nonfederal land to Interior, such land shall be used only:
- as an open riding area for the use of off-highway vehicles; or
- for any other recreational use that does not significantly impact the open use of such vehicles.
Interior shall convey, without consideration, specified Open OHV Areas managed by the BLM to Washington County.
Such conveyed land shall be used primarily as an open riding area for the use of off-highway vehicles or for the construction, maintenance, replacement, or operation of:
- water storage or conveyance facilities;
- subsurface water recharge facilities; or
- solar or hydroelectric generation or transmission facilities.
Before making such conveyance, Interior shall issue to the Washington County Water Conservancy District or the state:
- a 250-foot right-of-way for the construction, maintenance, repair, and replacement of a buried water conveyance pipeline and the associated construction, operation, and maintenance of subsurface water recharge facilities identified as Pipeline 1; and
- a 150-foot right-of-way for the construction and maintenance of solar and hydroelectric generation and transmission facilities identified as Transmission Line.
Interior shall convey to the District or the state 214.8 acres of the County-conveyed Open OHV Areas land for the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of a water storage facility and associated facilities identified as "Hurricane Cliffs Afterbay."
Before making the conveyance to the County, Interior shall issue to the District a 200-foot right-of-way for the construction, maintenance, repair, and replacement of a buried water conveyance pipeline in the Sand Hollow Regional Pipeline Corridor identified as Pipe Line 2.