S.Con.Res.13 - A concurrent resolution calling upon the President to issue a proclamation recognizing the abiding importance of the Helsinki Final Act and its relevance to the national security of the United States.115th Congress (2017-2018)
Concurrent ResolutionHide Overview
|Sponsor:||Sen. Wicker, Roger F. [R-MS] (Introduced 04/26/2017)|
|Committees:||Senate - Foreign Relations|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 04/26/2017 Referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations. (text of measure as introduced: CR S2563) (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.Con.Res.13 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (04/26/2017)
Calls upon the President to issue a proclamation:
- reaffirming the U.S. commitment to the Guiding Principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe;
- reasserting the U.S. commitment to full implementation of the Helsinki Final Act;
- urging all participating states to fully implement their commitments under such Act and to respect each other's sovereign right to join alliances;
- condemning the violation of all ten core Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) principles enshrined in the Helsinki Final Act by the Russian Federation with respect to other OSCE participating states; and
- condemning all other violations of the Helsinki Final Act and its fundamental guiding principles.
Calls upon the President to convey to all signatory states of such Act that respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, democratic principles, economic liberty, and the implementation of related commitments continue to be vital elements in promoting democracy, peace, and unity in the region covered by the OSCE.