H.R.1023 - Great Lakes Fishery Research Authorization Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Quigley, Mike [D-IL-5] (Introduced 02/06/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources|
|Committee Meetings:||09/18/19 10:00AM 05/08/19 10:00AM|
|Latest Action:||House - 09/18/2019 Ordered to be Reported by the Yeas and Nays: 20 - 15. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.1023 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (02/06/2019)
Great Lakes Fishery Research Authorization Act of 2019
This bill authorizes the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to conduct monitoring, scientific assessments, and research in support of fisheries within the Great Lakes Basin between the United States and Canada.
The USGS shall (1) execute a comprehensive, multi-lake, freshwater fisheries science program; (2) work cooperatively with regional, state, tribal, and local governments; and (3) consult with interested groups, including academia and Canadian agencies.
The USGS may provide
- deepwater ecosystem research,
- fish behavior and habitat reports,
- fish population assessments,
- invasive species research,
- use of biological equipment and laboratory capabilities necessary to support fishery management decisions, and
- studies that assess impacts on Great Lakes fishery resources.