H.R.19 - Lower Costs, More Cures Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Walden, Greg [R-OR-2] (Introduced 12/09/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Energy and Commerce; Ways and Means; Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||House - 12/19/2019 Referred to the Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.19 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (12/09/2019)
Lower Costs, More Cures Act of 2019
This bill establishes and modifies several requirements to address prescription drug prices under Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs.
The bill generally
- limits payment amounts for drugs and biologics under Medicare medical services,
- reduces cost-sharing under the Medicare prescription drug benefit,
- modifies certain authorities and requirements under the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program,
- revises provisions relating to regulatory approval and commercial availability of generics and biosimilars, and
- establishes several reporting requirements for drug manufacturers with respect to drug prices.