H.R.2218 - Stop for School Buses Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Walorski, Jackie [R-IN-2] (Introduced 04/10/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Transportation and Infrastructure; Education and Labor|
|Latest Action:||House - 04/11/2019 Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.2218 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (04/10/2019)
Stop for School Buses Act of 2019
This bill addresses safety measures and programs to prevent the illegal passing of school buses.
Specifically, the Department of Transportation must
- conduct a review of existing state laws and programs regarding the illegal passing of school buses;
- create a nationwide public safety campaign to highlight the importance of illegally passing school buses;
- review and evaluate the effectiveness of various technologies to enhance school bus safety;
- review driver education materials in states to determine how the illegal passing of school buses is addressed; and
- research the connections between the illegal passing of school buses and other safety issues, including distracted driving.