H.R.253 - Nevada Lands Bill Technical Corrections Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Amodei, Mark E. [R-NV-2] (Introduced 01/04/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||House - 02/05/2019 Referred to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.253 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/04/2019)
Nevada Lands Bill Technical Corrections Act of 2019
This bill modifies provisions concerning lands in Nevada. Specifically, the bill:
- repeals the expedited program for the examination of unpatented mining claims within the mining townsites in Virginia City in Storey County;
- requires implementation of a multispecies habitat conservation plan in Lincoln County;
- provides for the implementation of certain rangeland and woodland restoration projects, particularly for pinyon-juniper dominated landscapes, in Lincoln County;
- requires cooperative agreements for certain law enforcement and planning-related activities in Lincoln County;
- provides for the use of certain land sale proceeds in Lincoln and White Pine Counties;
- requires a land conveyance to Lincoln County to provide a location for the establishment of a centralized landfill and a designated area and authorized facilities to discourage unauthorized dumping and trash disposal on environmentally sensitive public land; and
- adjusts the boundaries of the Mt. Moriah Wilderness and Arc Dome Wilderness.
The bill affirms and validates a certain patent for the benefit of desert tortoise and other species and their habitats in Clark County.
The Bureau of Land Management may issue corrective patents for specified land in Lincoln and Clark Counties.