H.R.265 - Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Bishop, Sanford D., Jr. [D-GA-2] (Introduced 01/08/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations | Senate - Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 01/11/2019 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Appropriations. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There have been 2 roll call votes|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.265 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/08/2019)
Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019
This bill provides FY2019 appropriations for the Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies.
The bill provides funding to USDA for Agricultural Programs, including
- the Office of the Secretary,
- Executive Operations,
- the Office of the Chief Information Officer,
- the Office of the Chief Financial Officer,
- the Office of Civil Rights,
- Agriculture Buildings and Facilities,
- Hazardous Materials Management,
- the Office of Inspector General,
- the Office of the General Counsel,
- the Office of Ethics,
- the Economic Research Service,
- the National Agricultural Statistics Service,
- the Agricultural Research Service,
- the National Institute of Food and Agriculture,
- the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service,
- the Agricultural Marketing Service, and
- the Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The bill also provides funding to USDA for Farm Production and Conservation Programs, including
- the Farm Production and Conservation Business Center,
- the Farm Service Agency,
- the Risk Management Agency, and
- the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
The bill provides appropriations to the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Fund and the Commodity Credit Corporation Fund.
For USDA Rural Development programs, the bill includes funding for
- Rural Development Salaries and Expenses,
- the Rural Housing Service,
- the Rural Business-Cooperative Service, and
- the Rural Utilities Service.
Within the Food and Nutrition Service budget, the bill includes funding for
- Child Nutrition Programs;
- the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC);
- the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as the food stamp program);
- the Commodity Assistance Program; and
- Nutrition Programs Administration.
Within the Foreign Agricultural Service budget, the bill provides appropriations for Food for Peace Title II Grants and McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program Grants.
The bill also provides appropriations for the Food and Drug Administration and the Farm Credit Administration.
Additionally, the bill sets forth requirements and restrictions for using funds provided by this and other appropriations Acts.