H.R.2839 - Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2020116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Lowey, Nita M. [D-NY-17] (Introduced 05/20/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 116-78|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/20/2019 Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 54. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.2839 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to House (05/20/2019)
Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2020
This bill provides FY2020 appropriations for the Department of State, foreign operations, and related programs.
The bill provides appropriations to the State Department for
- Administration of Foreign Affairs,
- International Organizations, and
- International Commissions.
The bill provides appropriations for Related Agencies and Related Programs, including
- the U.S. Agency for Global Media,
- the Asia Foundation,
- the U.S. Institute of Peace,
- the Center for Middle Eastern-Western Dialogue Trust Fund,
- the Eisenhower Exchange Fellowship Program,
- the Israeli Arab Scholarship Program,
- the East-West Center, and
- the National Endowment for Democracy.
The bill provides appropriations for Other Commissions, including
- the Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad,
- the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom,
- the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe,
- the Congressional-Executive Commission on the People's Republic of China,
- the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, and
- the Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission.
The bill provides appropriations to
- the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID),
- the State Department and the President for International Security Assistance,
- the President and International Financial Institutions for Multilateral Assistance, and
- specified accounts for Overseas Contingency Operations/ Global War on Terrorism.
The bill provides appropriations for Bilateral Economic Assistance to
- the President;
- the State Department;
- Independent Agencies, including the Peace Corps, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Foundation, and the U.S. African Development Foundation; and
- the Department of the Treasury.
The bill provides appropriations for Export and Investment Assistance to
- the Export-Import Bank of the United States,
- the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation, and
- the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
The bill sets forth requirements and restrictions for using funds provided by this and other appropriations Acts.