H.R.2968 - Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2020116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Visclosky, Peter J. [D-IN-1] (Introduced 05/23/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Committee Meetings:||05/21/19 10:30AM|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 116-84|
|Latest Action:||House - 05/23/2019 Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 59. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.2968 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to House (05/23/2019)
Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2020
This bill provides FY2020 appropriations to the Department of Defense (DOD) for military activities. The bill excludes military construction, military family housing, civil works projects of the Army Corps of Engineers, and nuclear warheads, which are all considered in other appropriations bills.
Within the DOD budget, the bill provides appropriations for
- Military Personnel;
- Operation and Maintenance;
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation; and
- Revolving and Management Funds.
The bill provides appropriations for Other Department of Defense Programs, including
- the Defense Health Program,
- Chemical Agents and Munitions Destruction,
- Drug Interdiction and Counter-Drug Activities, and
- the Office of the Inspector General.
The bill provides appropriations for (1) Related Agencies, including the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability System Fund and the Intelligence Community Management Account; and (2) Overseas Contingency Operations/ Global War on Terrorism.
The bill also includes provisions that
- repeal the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force after 240 days;
- prohibit funds from being used to construct a wall, fence, border barriers, or border security infrastructure along the southern land border of the United States;
- prohibit funds from being used to deliver F-35 air vehicles or other F-35 weapon system equipment to Turkey; and
- direct the President to remove the Armed Forces from hostilities in or affecting Yemen unless a declaration of war or specific authorization has been enacted, with certain exceptions.