H.R.3055 - Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2020116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Serrano, Jose E. [D-NY-15] (Introduced 06/03/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 116-101|
|Latest Action:||House - 06/19/2019 Committee of the Whole House on the state of the Union rises leaving H.R. 3055 as unfinished business. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.3055 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to House (06/03/2019)
Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2020
This bill provides FY2020 appropriations to the Department of Commerce; the Department of Justice (DOJ); science agencies, including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF); and several related agencies.
The bill provides appropriations to the Department of Commerce for
- the International Trade Administration,
- the Bureau of Industry and Security,
- the Economic Development Administration,
- the Minority Business Development Agency,
- Economic and Statistical Analysis,
- the Bureau of the Census,
- the National Telecommunications and Information Administration,
- the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office,
- the National Institute of Standards and Technology,
- the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and
- Departmental Management.
The bill provides appropriations to DOJ for
- General Administration;
- the U.S. Parole Commission;
- Legal Activities;
- the U.S. Marshals Service;
- the National Security Division;
- Interagency Law Enforcement;
- the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- the Drug Enforcement Administration;
- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; and
- the Federal Prison System.
The bill also provides appropriations to DOJ for State and State and Local Law Enforcement Activities, including
- the Office on Violence Against Women,
- the Office of Justice Programs, and
- Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS).
The bill provides appropriations for science agencies, including
- the Office of Science and Technology Policy,
- the National Space Council,
- NASA, and
- the NSF.
The bill provides appropriations to related agencies, including
- the Commission on Civil Rights,
- the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission,
- the U.S. International Trade Commission,
- the Legal Services Corporation,
- the Marine Mammal Commission,
- the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, and
- the State Justice Institute.
The bill also sets forth requirements and restrictions for using funds provided by this and other appropriations Acts.