H.R.4512 - Outdoors for All Act116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Barragan, Nanette Diaz [D-CA-44] (Introduced 09/26/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||House - 02/27/2020 Subcommittee Hearings Held. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.4512 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (09/26/2019)
Outdoors for All Act
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to establish an outdoor recreation legacy partnership grant program under which Interior may award grants to states, certain political subdivisions of a state, special purpose districts, or certain Indian tribes for projects to (1) acquire land and water for parks and other outdoor recreation purposes, and (2) develop new or renovate existing outdoor recreation facilities.
As a condition for receiving a grant, a recipient shall provide matching funds in cash or in kind equal to 100% of the amounts available under the grant.
A grant recipient may use the grant to acquire land or water providing outdoor recreation opportunities to the public and develop or renovate outdoor recreational facilities, with priority given to projects that
- create or significantly enhance access to park and recreational opportunities in an urban neighborhood or community,
- engage and empower underserved communities and youth,
- provide opportunities for youth employment or job training,
- establish or expand public-private partnerships, and
- take advantage of coordination among various levels of government.