H.R.5864 - New Energy Frontiers Through Carbon Innovation Act of 2020116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Crenshaw, Dan [R-TX-2] (Introduced 02/12/2020)|
|Committees:||House - Science, Space, and Technology|
|Latest Action:||House - 02/12/2020 Referred to the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.5864 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (02/12/2020)
New Energy Frontiers Through Carbon Innovation Act of 2020
This bill directs the Department of Energy (DOE) to establish and support the research, development, and demonstration of carbon capture, storage, and utilization technologies and techniques.
Specifically, DOE must
- establish and operate a national Carbon Utilization Energy Innovation Hub which must focus on early stage research and development activities, including post-combustion and pre-combustion capture of carbon dioxide;
- carry out a program to award competitive grants to certain entities for the capture of carbon dioxide produced during the generation of natural gas-generated power;
- accelerate the development of commercially viable carbon capture technologies to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, including to improve the thermodynamics, kinetics, scalability, durability, and flexibility of carbon capture technologies used during the generation of electricity from natural gas power systems;
- enter into cooperative agreements with certain entities to construct and operate no more than five facilities to capture carbon dioxide from natural gas generating power facilities; and
- identify any barriers to the commercial development of carbon capture technologies.