H.R.823 - Colorado Outdoor Recreation and Economy Act116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Neguse, Joe [D-CO-2] (Introduced 01/28/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Natural Resources | Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Committee Meetings:||11/18/20 2:30PM 06/26/19 10:00AM|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 116-226|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 11/18/2020 Committee on Energy and Natural Resources Senate Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining. Hearings held. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There have been 5 roll call votes|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.823 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to House (10/04/2019)
Colorado Outdoor Recreation and Economy Act
This bill provides for the conservation of specified lands in Colorado.
Specifically, the bill designates
- specified federal lands within the White River National Forest as components of the National Wilderness Preservation System,
- the proposed Williams Fork Mountains Wilderness as a potential wilderness area,
- the Tenmile Recreation Management Area,
- the Porcupine Gulch Wildlife Conservation Area,
- the Williams Fork Mountains Wildlife Conservation Area,
- the Camp Hale National Historic Landscape,
- the Sheep Mountain and Liberty Bell East Special Management Areas, and
- the Curecanti National Recreation Area.
The bill adjusts the boundary of the White River National Forest and the Rocky Mountain National Park Potential Wilderness.
The bill provides for the inclusion of additional federal lands in the National Wilderness Preservation System.
The bill provides for the cancellation of all Thompson Divide oil or gas leases.
The bill establishes the Greater Thompson Divide Fugitive Coal Mine Methane Use Pilot Program to promote the capture, beneficial use, mitigation, and sequestration of fugitive methane emissions to reduce methane emissions, improve air quality, and improve public safety, among other things.