H.J.Res.27 - Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Lowey, Nita M. [D-NY-17] (Introduced 01/14/2019)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Latest Action:||House - 01/15/2019 On motion to suspend the rules and pass the resolution Failed by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 237 - 187 (Roll no. 31). (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There has been 1 roll call vote|
This bill has the status Failed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Failed House
Summary: H.J.Res.27 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/14/2019)
Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
This joint resolution provides continuing FY2019 appropriations to several federal agencies through the earlier of February 1, 2019, or the enactment of the applicable appropriations legislation.
It is known as a continuing resolution (CR) and ends the partial government shutdown that began after the existing CR expired on December 21, 2018, because seven of the remaining FY2019 appropriations bills have not been enacted.
(Five of the FY2019 appropriations bills were enacted last year, including
- the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
- the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2019; and
- the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019.)
Additionally, the CR has the effect of extending through February 1, 2019, several authorities and programs that were extended in prior CRs, including
- the Violence Against Women Act,
- the authority for the Environmental Protection Agency to collect and spend certain fees related to pesticides,
- the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, and
- several authorities related to immigration.