S.1197 - All-Electric Homes Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Sen. Markey, Edward J. [D-MA] (Introduced 04/11/2019)|
|Committees:||Senate - Finance|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 04/11/2019 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed Senate
- Passed House
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: S.1197 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (04/11/2019)
All-Electric Homes Act of 2019
This bill establishes a tax credit for contractors that construct new all-electric homes.
The credit applies to new homes that
- are constructed by the contractor,
- are acquired by a person from the contractor for use as a residence during the year,
- have appliances and mechanical systems that are powered solely by electricity,
- do not have a gas line or gas service, and
- meet specified energy efficiency standards.
For a single-family residence, the credit is equal to $5,000. For a multi-family residence, the credit is equal to $1,750, multiplied by the total number of residential units.