S.1458 - Outdoors for All Act116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Harris, Kamala D. [D-CA] (Introduced 05/14/2019)|
|Committees:||Senate - Energy and Natural Resources|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 05/14/2019 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.1458 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (05/14/2019)
Outdoors for All ActThis bill directs the Department of the Interior to establish an outdoor recreation legacy partnership program under which Interior may award grants to eligible entities (i.e., states, their political subdivisions, special purpose districts, and Indian Tribes) for projects to (1) acquire land and water for parks and other outdoor recreation purposes, and (2) develop new or renovate existing outdoor recreation facilities.
A grant recipient may use the grant to acquire land or water providing outdoor recreation opportunities to the public.
A grant may also be used to develop or renovate outdoor recreational facilities, with priority given to projects that
- create or significantly enhance access to park and recreational opportunities in an urban neighborhood or community,
- engage and empower underserved communities and youth,
- provide opportunities for youth employment or job training,
- establish or expand public-private partnerships, and
- take advantage of coordination among various levels of government.
Grant funds may not be used for certain purposes, including grant administration costs, operation and maintenance activities, athletic facilities, or acquisition of lands or interests that restrict access to particular persons.