S.1780 - Focus on Children Act116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Sen. Harris, Kamala D. [D-CA] (Introduced 06/11/2019)|
|Committees:||Senate - Budget|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 06/11/2019 Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Budget. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed Senate
- Passed House
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: S.1780 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (06/11/2019)
Focus on Children Act
This bill requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to produce studies and reports regarding federal spending on children.
The CBO must provide
- studies of legislation containing changes in spending on children, upon the request of a congressional committee;
- an annual report regarding spending on children; and
- an annual report on the President's budget request for spending on children.
The CBO may provide a warning report to Congress regarding a fiscal year in which outlays for interest on the public debt will exceed spending on children.
The CBO must also develop and maintain a public website that includes
- the reports and studies required by this bill,
- a dashboard containing key indicators and visualization tools to assist the public in understanding trends in spending on children, and
- an open data portal that contains quantitative data on federal spending on children.