S.275 - Skills Investment Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Sen. Klobuchar, Amy [D-MN] (Introduced 01/30/2019)|
|Committees:||Senate - Finance|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 01/30/2019 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed Senate
- Passed House
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: S.275 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (01/30/2019)
Skills Investment Act of 2019
This bill expands tax-favored Coverdell education savings accounts to allow the accounts to be used for educational or skill development expenses such as training services, career and technical education activities, career services, youth workforce investment activities, and adult education and literacy activities.
The bill also
- renames the accounts "Coverdell lifelong learning accounts,"
- increases contribution limits,
- modifies the age-based contribution restrictions,
- allows a tax credit for a portion of an employer's contributions to an employee's account, and
- allows beneficiaries to deduct contributions made by or on behalf of the beneficiary.