S.2951 - Housing is Infrastructure Act of 2019116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Harris, Kamala D. [D-CA] (Introduced 11/21/2019)|
|Committees:||Senate - Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 11/21/2019 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.2951 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (11/21/2019)
Housing is Infrastructure Act of 2019
This bill authorizes additional funding for various housing assistance programs.
Specifically, the bill authorizes additional funding for
- public housing agencies to maintain and improve public housing buildings;
- states and communities to reduce the risk of flood damage to housing;
- very low-income residents to improve and modernize rural housing;
- Indian tribes to develop housing and housing services;
- nonprofit organizations and community development financial institutions to conduct activities related to affordable housing and economic development;
- state housing finance agencies to provide supportive housing for individuals with disabilities;
- private nonprofit organizations to provide supportive housing for the elderly; and
- states, counties, and cities to develop and preserve affordable housing.
The bill also requires that specified portions of funding made available under the bill be used for water and energy efficiency.
In administering such funding made available under the bill, the relevant federal agencies must consult with grantees and recipients and meet with state and local government officials for the purpose of recommending and promoting funding opportunities and initiatives to include minority and women's business enterprises in such grant activities.