S.3360 - National Center for the Advancement of Aviation Act of 2020116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Inhofe, James M. [R-OK] (Introduced 02/27/2020)|
|Committees:||Senate - Finance|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 02/27/2020 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.3360 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (02/27/2020)
National Center for the Advancement of Aviation Act of 2020
This bill establishes the National Center for the Advancement of Aviation as a federally chartered entity to serve as a national independent forum to facilitate collaboration and cooperation between aviation and aerospace stakeholders for the purpose of supporting and promoting civil and military aviation and aerospace in order to address the demands and challenges associated with ensuring a safe and vibrant national aviation system.
In furtherance of that purpose, the center must focus on the
- development and sustainability of a well-qualified, well-trained civil and military aviation and aerospace workforce;
- conduct of research and development of new aviation and aerospace training materials and products;
- coordination of the dissemination of grants for the development of aviation and aerospace oriented high school STEM education curriculum;
- facilitation of collaboration between institutions of higher education or other research institutions engaged in aviation, aerospace or related research or technical development, including those institutions designated as Centers of Excellence or Test Centers of the Federal Aviation Administration and aviation and aerospace stakeholders; and
- engagement in other workforce development activities consistent with addressing the demands and challenges facing the aviation and aerospace industry.