S.4136 - Congressional Oversight to Secure Transparency of Relocations Act116th Congress (2019-2020)
|Sponsor:||Sen. Van Hollen, Chris [D-MD] (Introduced 07/01/2020)|
|Committees:||Senate - Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 07/01/2020 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: S.4136 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in Senate (07/01/2020)
Congressional Oversight to Secure Transparency of Relocations Act or the COST of Relocations Act
This bill requires a federal agency seeking to relocate more than 5% of its employees or more than 100 employees to conduct and make public a comprehensive cost-benefit analysis of the proposed change.
Specifically, the agency must conduct such analysis and submit it to the agency's office of inspector general for review and submission to Congress.
The report must include, among other things
- the anticipated outcomes and improvements that will result from the proposed relocation,
- the metrics for measuring whether the proposed relocation results in the anticipated outcomes and improvements,
- a timeline of past and future engagements with stakeholders regarding the proposed relocation,
- a comprehensive strategy for accomplishing the proposed relocation, and
- an assessment of the short- and long-term effects of the proposed relocation on the agency's mission.