There is 1 version of this bill. View text

Click the check-box to add or remove the section, click the text link to scroll to that section.
Titles Actions Overview All Actions Cosponsors Committees Related Bills Subjects Latest Summary All Summaries

Titles (2)

Short Titles

Short Titles - House of Representatives

Short Title(s) as Introduced

911 Diversion to Unarmed Personnel Act of 2021

Official Titles

Official Titles - House of Representatives

Official Title as Introduced

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services, acting through the Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, to award grants to States, territories, political subdivisions of States and territories, Tribal governments, and consortia of Tribal governments to establish an unarmed 911 response program, and for other purposes.

Actions Overview (1)

Date Actions Overview
03/11/2021Introduced in House

All Actions (3)

Date All Actions
03/12/2021Referred to the Subcommittee on Health.
Action By: Committee on Energy and Commerce
03/11/2021Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
Action By: House of Representatives
03/11/2021Introduced in House
Action By: House of Representatives

Cosponsors (5)

Committees (1)

Committees, subcommittees and links to reports associated with this bill are listed here, as well as the nature and date of committee activity and Congressional report number.

Committee / Subcommittee Date Activity Related Documents
House Energy and Commerce03/11/2021 Referred to
House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health03/12/2021 Referred to

As of 07/23/2021 no related bill information has been received for H.R.1859 - 911 Diversion to Unarmed Personnel Act of 2021

Latest Summary (1)

There is one summary for H.R.1859. View summaries

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (03/11/2021)

911 Diversion to Unarmed Personnel Act of 2021

This bill authorizes grants to dispatch unarmed, specialized health care or social service providers to respond to nonviolent 9–1–1 calls instead of law enforcement officers. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration may award grants to states and other jurisdictions for this purpose.