H.R.4505 - Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2022117th Congress (2021-2022) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Cartwright, Matt [D-PA-8] (Introduced 07/19/2021)|
|Committees:||House - Appropriations|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 117-97|
|Latest Action:||House - 07/19/2021 Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 70. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.4505 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)All Information (Except Text)
Reported to House (07/19/2021)
Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2022
This bill provides FY2022 appropriations to the Department of Commerce, the Department of Justice (DOJ), the science agencies, and several related agencies.
The bill provides appropriations to the Department of Commerce for
- the International Trade Administration,
- the Bureau of Industry and Security,
- the Economic Development Administration,
- the Minority Business Development Agency,
- Economic and Statistical Analysis,
- the Bureau of the Census,
- the National Telecommunications and Information Administration,
- the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office,
- the National Institute of Standards and Technology,
- the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and
- Departmental Management.
The bill provides appropriations to DOJ for
- General Administration;
- the Executive Office for Immigration Review;
- the Office of Inspector General;
- the U.S. Parole Commission;
- Legal Activities;
- the U.S. Marshals Service;
- the National Security Division;
- Interagency Law Enforcement;
- the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- the Drug Enforcement Administration;
- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; and
- the Federal Prison System.
The bill also provides appropriations to DOJ for state and local justice activities, including
- the Office on Violence Against Women,
- the Office of Justice Programs, and
- Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS).
The bill provides appropriations for science agencies, including
- the Office of Science and Technology Policy,
- the National Space Council,
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and
- the National Science Foundation.
The bill provides appropriations to related agencies, including
- the Commission on Civil Rights,
- the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission,
- the U.S. International Trade Commission,
- the Legal Services Corporation,
- the Marine Mammal Commission,
- the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, and
- the State Justice Institute.
The bill also sets forth requirements and restrictions for using funds provided by this and other appropriations acts.