H.Res.57 - Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors.117th Congress (2021-2022) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Greene, Marjorie Taylor [R-GA-14] (Introduced 01/21/2021)|
|Committees:||House - Judiciary|
|Latest Action:||House - 03/05/2021 Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Agreed to in House
Summary: H.Res.57 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (01/21/2021)
This resolution impeaches President Joseph Robinette Biden for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors.
Specifically, the resolution sets forth an article of impeachment stating that, in his former role as Vice President, President Biden abused the power of that office through enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors by allowing his son Hunter Biden to influence the domestic policy of a foreign nation and accept benefits from foreign nationals in exchange for favors.
The article states that, by such conduct, President Biden
- endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government;
- threatened the integrity of the democratic system;
- interfered with the peaceful transition of power;
- imperiled a coordinate branch of government; and
- demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.
The article also states that this conduct warrants immediate impeachment, trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.