H.R.9044 - Urban Bikeway Transportation Act94th Congress (1975-1976)
|Sponsor:||Rep. Koch, Edward I. [D-NY-18] (Introduced 07/30/1975)|
|Committees:||House - Public Works and Transportation|
|Latest Action:||House - 07/30/1975 Referred to House Committee on Public Works and Transportation. (All Actions)|
This bill has the status Introduced
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Summary: H.R.9044 — 94th Congress (1975-1976)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (07/30/1975)
Urban Bikeway Transportation Act - Authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to make grants to States and to municipalities wholly or partly within urbanized areas for projects for the construction of bikeways. Provides that such bikeways shall be for commuting, recreational, and other purposes.
States that the Federal share of any such project shall be 80 percent of the total cost. Requires that the remaining 20 percent is to be paid by the grantee.
Provides that no grant shall be made unless such bikeway project is in accordance with a continuing comprehensive transportation planning process carried on cooperatively by States and local communities.
Authorizes the appropriation to the Secretary to carry out this Act, $10,000,000 per fiscal year out of the Highway Trust Fund, and $10,000,000 per fiscal year out of any other Treasury money not otherwise appropriated.