Business meeting to consider S.2162, to require the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection to annually hire at least 600 new Border Patrol agents, to report quarterly to Congress on the status of the Border Patrol workforce, and to conduct a comprehensive staffing analysis, S.1976, to amend the FAST Act to improve the Federal permitting process, S.2065, to require the Secretary of Homeland Security to publish an annual report on the use of deepfake technology, S.2183, to require the Comptroller General of the United States to analyze certain legislation in order prevent duplication of and overlap with existing Federal programs, offices, and initiatives, S.2177, to provide taxpayers with an improved understanding of Government programs through the disclosure of cost, performance, and areas of duplication among them, leverage existing data to achieve a functional Federal program inventory, S.2169, to amend section 3116 of title 5, United States Code, to clarify the applicability of the appointment limitations for students appointed under the expedited hiring authority for post-secondary students, S.2107, to increase the number of CBP Agriculture Specialists and support staff in the Office of Field Operations of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, S.2193, to require the Administrator of General Services to issue guidance to clarify that Federal agencies may pay by charge card for the charging of Federal electric motor vehicles, S.764, to provide for congressional approval of national emergency declarations, S.439, to allow Members of Congress to opt out of the Federal Employees Retirement System, and allow Members who opt out of the Federal Employees Retirement System to continue to participate in the Thrift Savings Plan, S.2119, to amend title 5, United States Code, to appropriately limit the authority to award bonuses to Federal employees, H.R.2590, to require a Department of Homeland Security overseas personnel enhancement plan, H.R.3305, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2509 George Mason Drive in Virginia Beach, Virginia, as the "Ryan Keith Cox Post Office Building", and the nominations of Chad F. Wolf, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary for Strategy, Policy, and Plans, and William Bryan, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary for Science and Technology, both of the Department of Homeland Security, Robert M. Duncan, of Kentucky, to be a Governor of the United States Postal Service, Ann C. Fisher, of the District of Columbia, and Ashley Jay Elizabeth Poling, of North Carolina, both to be a Commissioner of the Postal Regulatory Commission, Catherine Bird, of Texas, to be General Counsel of the Federal Labor Relations Authority, and Rainey R. Brandt, and Shana Frost Matini, both to be an Associate Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.116th Congress (2019-2020)
Senate Committee MeetingHide Overview
|Committee:||Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs|
|Related Items:||H.R.2590, H.R.3305, PN182, PN185, PN410, PN507, PN508, PN615, PN630, PN852, S.1976, S.2065, S.2107, S.439, S.764, S.2119, S.2162, S.2169, S.2177|
|Date:||Wednesday July 24, 2019 (9:30 AM EDT)|
|Location:||342 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.|
Data will display when it becomes available.
- H.R.2590, DHS Overseas Personnel Enhancement Act of 2019
- H.R.3305, To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2509 George Mason Drive in Virginia Beach, Virginia, as the "Ryan Keith Cox Post Office Building".
- PN182, William Bryan — Department of Homeland Security
- PN185, Robert M. Duncan — United States Postal Service
- PN410, Chad F. Wolf — Department of Homeland Security
- PN507, Rainey R. Brandt — The Judiciary
- PN508, Shana Frost Matini — The Judiciary
- PN615, Catherine Bird — Federal Labor Relations Authority
- PN630, Ann C. Fisher — Postal Regulatory Commission
- PN852, Ashley Jay Elizabeth Poling — Postal Regulatory Commission
- S.1976, Federal Permitting Reform and Jobs Act
- S.2065, Deepfake Report Act of 2019
- S.2107, Protecting America's Food and Agriculture Act of 2019
- S.439, Members of Congress Pension Opt Out Clarification Act
- S.764, ARTICLE ONE Act
- S.2119, Stop Improper Federal Bonuses Act
- S.2162, Securing America's Borders Act of 2019
- S.2169, A bill to amend section 3116 of title 5, United States Code, to clarify the applicability of the appointment limitations for students appointed under the expedited hiring authority for post-secondary students.
- S.2177, Taxpayers Right-To-Know Act
Video of Proceedings
Data will display when it becomes available.