How to Create a Congress.gov Account
- Go to Create an Account, also available via the red Sign In link at the top right of any page.
- Enter your email address and a password of your choice. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
- Enter your password again in the Confirm Password box.
- Enter an optional second email address.
- Select the Create an Account button to submit your information.
- Go to the Inbox of the email account you entered as your primary email to find the activation email sent from Congress.gov. You may need to check your spam folder, depending on your email settings.
- Click on the link in the email to activate your account.
Using your Congress.gov Account
Sign in to your account by selecting the red Sign In link at the top right of any page. Check the Remember Me box to stay signed in between sessions until you choose to sign out. Otherwise, you will be automatically signed out after one hour.
How to Reset Your Password
Click on the red Sign In link at the top right of any page, then click on the Forgot Password? link. On the Forgot Password page, enter the email address you used to set up your account and click on the Reset Password button. You will receive an email with a link for resetting your password.
How to Close your Congress.gov Account
Sign in to your account by selecting the red Sign In link at the top right of any page. At the bottom of the Your Account page, click on the Close Your Account link.