- Enactment of a Law - Essay to aid understanding of legislative branch powers and procedures, including responsibilities beyond the enactment of legislation. (28 pages, web-friendly and PDF versions)
- The Federalist Papers - Original text of the Federalist Papers
- How Our Laws Are Made - Essay to aid understanding of the legislative process. (67 pages, web-friendly and PDF versions)
- Our American Government - A popular introductory guide for American citizens and those of other countries who seek a greater understanding of our heritage of democracy. The question-and-answer format covers a broad range of topics dealing with the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of our Government as well as the electoral process and the role of political parties. (132 pages, PDF)
Educational Resources and Videos
- Bringing Congress to the Classroom - An Educational Resources Page for K-12 Teachers.
- The Legislative Process - Video, audio, and transcript explaining the common stages of the legislative process, and that the process by which a bill becomes law is rarely predictable. (Approximately 30 minutes total in nine separate videos)
- Legislative Process Glossary - Brief explanations of legislative terms used throughout Congress.gov.
The Legislative Process (House of Representatives)
- Kids in the House (House of Representatives)
- Resources for Teachers - lesson plans about government, law, and politics